New Testing Tools for Everyone to Use
There are several new digital tools available to help expand testing capacity, streamline contact tracing efforts, and provide members of your community with guidance on how to protect themselves and their families. These tools include:
- Check My Symptoms (www.ncdhhs.gov/symptoms), a public website that allows people to enter their symptoms and determine if they should get tested for COVID-19. If they are recommended to be tested, they will receive a link to a list of nearby testing sites via email or text. Note: The symptom checker is an informational tool to help people determine if they may need to be tested; however it is not a physician order. Testing sites may require their own screening.
- Find My Testing Place (www.ncdhhs.gov/TestingPlace), a public website that allows people to input their county or ZIP code and access a list of nearby testing site locations online.
The COVID-19 Community Team
The COVID-19 Community Team is made up of trained Local Health Department staff and Community team members who are serving as contact tracers across the state.
Team members reach out to people who have tested positive for COVID-19, or anyone who has been near someone with COVID-19, and get them the information and support they need. This support can include helping someone understand what it means to have been exposed to COVID-19, how to monitor their symptoms, when to get tested, if needed, and how to protect their loved ones.
When the COVID-19 Community Team reaches out, it is important that people answer the call. Individuals being contacted would get an initial text from the number 45394 or email from NC-ARIAS-NoReply@dhhs.nc.gov with follow-up phone calls from NC OUTREACH (844-628-7223) or the Local Health Department. The Community Team represents North Carolinians across the state and will be available to provide support and information in multiple languages.
A Promotional Toolkit to Help Spread the Word
To help you get the word out about the COVID-19 Community Team and the new tools announced today, we have created a promotional toolkit that we hope you will use. This shared message helps us all overcome misinformation and ensure that everyone is getting the right information. The toolkit includes:
- Flyers about getting tested for COVID-19 and using the Check My Symptoms online tool.
- A flyer reminding people to practice the 3Ws of prevention: Wear. Wait. Wash.
- Sample Facebook and Twitter posts with images for you to share on social media.
- COMING SOON:An infographic explaining the COVID-19 Community Team and the contact tracing process.
You can find the toolkit resources at covid19.ncdhhs.gov/preventandprotect.
We sincerely hope this promotional toolkit will be a helpful resource as we all work to ensure North Carolinians have the support and information they need to protect themselves and their loved ones.
Thank you for your continued support of North Carolina’s COVID-19 testing and contact tracing efforts and for your commitment to ensuring our communities are informed and supported.